In order for the KLC to host is 2021 event, we need to take every precaution to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 Virus. Please follow these guidelines to protect yourself and others:
Remain at least 6' from other people. If you must be closer, please wear a facial covering. Remain with your own group as much as possible.
Avoid sharing items wherever possible (clothing, beverages, equipment, etc.). If shared items must be used, sanitize items between each use.
Use good personal hygiene, sanitizing your hands after using the restroom, and frequently throughout the day. Sanitation is provided by a sponsor of the event, but is limited for the number of people coming in. Please ensure that you bring enough hand sanitizer and other items needed to sanitize your area and yourself. Hand wash stations are not practical given ambient temperature during the event.
$4,100 in Guaranteed Daily and Overall Big Fish Prizes for 2021.
Come Social Distance with Us!
All American Dental
Best Western Plus (Kemmerer Hospitality)
Brad & Ann Willford
Jim & Stevie Peters
Kim Chadwick Tile
Lindsay Burns Fisheries
Luigi's Supper Club
Rafter D Livestock (Dan & Tera Davis)
Scott Sargent (Attorney at Law)
Sublette Electric of Wyoming
Eva Helm Benefit Raffle - Generated $3,000 to help!
Congratulations to Heidi Beachler, the winner of the Ice Auger. Thank you to all who purchased tickets to support this project. The Lions Club was able to contribute $3,000 toward medical expenses for Eva!
Overall Big Fish: Preston Walker (Kemmerer, WY) $1,000 with a 23 1/8" Fish
Women's Overall Big Fish: Mandy Allen (Preston, ID) $150 with a 20 1/2" Fish
Youth Overall Big Fish: Tasker Bills $150 with a 19 1/2" Fish
SATURDAY DAILY BIG FISH PRIZES
First Daily Big Fish: Levi Adams (Kemmerer, WY) $300 with a 21 3/4" Fish
Second Daily Big Fish: Dean Dayton (South Weber, UT) $200 with a 21 3/8" Fish
Youth Daily Big Fish: Dodge Rochelle $150 with a 19 1/4" Fish
SUNDAY DAILY BIG FISH PRIZES
First Daily Big Fish: Daniel Hankin (Diamondville, WY) $300 with a 21 1/8" Fish
Second Daily Big Fish: Cory Dee (Layton, UT) $200 with a 21" Fish
Youth Daily Big Fish: Brenden Sickler $150 with a 18 1/2" Fish
SATURDAY HOURLY BIG FISH PRIZES
8:00 Hour Adult: Brodie Douglass (Lyman, WY) $100 with a 19 7/8" Fish
8:00 Hour Youth: Preston Purser $25 with a 19" Fish
9:00 Hour Adult: Levi Adams (Kemmerer, WY) $100 with a 21 3/4" Fish
9:00 Hour Youth: Tucker Erickson $25 with a 19" Fish
10:00 Hour Adult: Preston Walker (Kemmerer, WY) $100 with a 23 1/8" Fish
10:00 Hour Youth: Riley McQuiddy $25 with a 19" Fish
11:00 Hour Adult: Josh Haskell (Salt Lake City, UT) $100 with a 20 1/4" Fish
11:00 Hour Youth: Dodge Rochell $25 with a 19 1/4" Fish
12:00 Hour Adult: Dean Dayton (South Weber, UT) $100 with a 21 3/8" Fish
12:00 Hour Youth: Tasker Bills $25 with a 19 1/2" Fish
1:00 Hour Adult: Corky Pollard (Kemmerer, WY) $100 with a 20" Fish
1:00 Hour Youth: Bennet Pollard $25 with an 18 5/8" Fish
2:00 Hour Adult: Scott Dee (Layton, UT) $100 with a 20" Fish
2:00 Hour Youth: Matthew Johnson $25 with a 17" Fish
3:00 Hour Adult: Rick Whitmore (Kemmerer, WY) $100 with a 19 7/8" Fish
3:00 Hour Youth: Justin Benich Jr. $25 with an 18" Fish
4:00 Hour Adult: Lonnie Delzer (Roy, UT) $100 with a 20 7/8" Fish
4:00 Hour Youth: Edward Francis $25 with an 18 5/8" Fish
SUNDAY HOURLY BIG FISH PRIZES
8:00 Hour Adult: Daniel Hankin (Diamondville, WY) $100 with a 21 1/8" Fish
8:00 Hour Youth: Jeremiah Weyer $25 with a 17 1/2" Fish
9:00 Hour Adult: John Povsche (Diamondville, WY) $100 with a 19 1/2" Fish
9:00 Hour Youth: No Youth Fish Turned In
10:00 Hour Adult: Garth Bebinger (Kemmerer, WY) $100 with a 20 3/8" Fish
10:00 Hour Youth: No Youth Fish Turned In
11:00 Hour Adult: Dean Dayton (South Weber, UT) $100 with a 20 1/2" Fish
11:00 Hour Youth: No Youth Fish Turned In
12:00 Hour Adult: Ruben Reyes (Green River, WY) $100 with a 19 1/4" Fish
12:00 Hour Youth: Brenden Sickler $25 with an 18 1/2" Fish
1:00 Hour Adult: Cory Dee (Layton, UT) $100 with a 21" Fish
1:00 Hour Youth: No Youth Fish Turned In
2:00 Hour Adult: Rick Lucero (Green River, WY) $100 with a 19 3/8" Fish
2:00 Hour Youth: Brenden Sickler $25 with a 17 7/8" Fish
3:00 Hour Adult: Mandy Allen (Preston, ID) $100 with a 20 1/2" Fish
3:00 Hour Youth: No Youth Fish Turned In
4:00 Hour Adult: Tie - Rob Polanski (Kemmerer, WY) $50 & Daxton Manco (South Weber, UT) $50 each with a 19 1/4" Fish
4:00 Hour Youth: No Youth Fish Turned In
FINAL YOUTH PAYOUT:
Given that there were several hours during which no Youth Fish were turned in, the remainder of the youth hourly prizes were split evenly for payout among all of the youth participants who turned in measurable fish.
Preston Purser: $20
Jeremiah Weyer: $20
Tucker Erickson: $20
Edward Francis: $20
Rylie McQuiddy: $20
Bennett Pollard: $20
Matthew Johnson: $20
Justin Benich Jr.: $20
Current ice conditions are 14-18" of ice or more. Snow cover of 12-14" with drifting. Tracked vehicles are recommended. Please check back as the Derby gets closer for more current updates.
With an elevation of just over 7,200 feet, Lake Viva Naughton generally sees a minimum of 24" of solid ice, even on warmer years. Water-level management has improved in recent years, which has resulted in minimal slush conditions.
Come Join the Fun and Support a Great Cause! CLICK HERER TO REGISTER ONLINE
15699 State Hwy 233, Kemmerer, Wyoming 83101, United States
Saturday February 15 and Sunday February 16, 2020
7:00 AM to 4:30 PM Each Day
Register by mail, online, at the Kemmerer Kum & Go or Hamsfork Station, or on-site during the event.
Postmark Mailed Registration by Feb 6, 2021. Register online or at local convenience stores by Feb 6, 2021 for early registration.
Register online (after Feb 6, 2021), at local convenience stores, or on-site during the event.
Availability of apparel is first-come/first-serve, while inventory remains. Refund will be issued for pre-ordered items that have sold out.
Announcing the 36th Annual Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby
Lake Viva Naughton - 16 miles North of Kemmerer, Wyoming
CASH Prizes Only!
$1000 Lions Club Overall Big Fish
$300 and $200 Daily Big Fish (New for 2021 $150 Kid's Daily Big Fish)
$150 for the overall big fish caught by a Woman, (over 14 years old)
$150 for the overall big fish caught by a Child, (under 14 years old)
$100 Hourly Big Fish Prizes (New for 2021 $25 Kid's Hourly Bid Fish)
$4850 Guaranteed Cash Prizes for 2021
Over $142,000 in Cash Awarded in Prior Derbies
All Big Fish Prizes are Cash for Guaranteed Payout!
(2021 Event Regulations Are Subject to Change)
1) Must have a valid 2021 Wyoming fishing license and conservation stamp (if required).
2) Each participant on the lake (including children) must be registered and have entry form in possession.
3) Fish (trout only) must be measured at the Lions-designated area within 1/2 hour of being caught.
4) Big fish will be determined by length - measured to the nearest 1/8 inch.
5) Fish under 19 inches (17 inches for Kid's Division) in length will not be eligible for any prize, culling is prohibited.
6) Dates: February 13 & 14, 2021; time 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day.
7) Daily and big fish prizes will be awarded at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, February 14, 2021. Lions Club is not responsible for any prizes other than those listed.
8) Hourly prizes will be awarded immediately after winner is determined.
9) First hourly period will end at 8:30 a.m. and each subsequent hourly period will end on the 1/2 hour until 4:30 p.m. each day.
10) If no fish are measured during any hourly period, the second (third, etc.) largest fish from the preceding hour will be used to determine the current hourly winner.
11) Winning participants who qualify for more than one daily or overall prize will be awarded the larger of the eligible cash prizes. Subsequent prizes will be awarded to the next largest fish, with each winning participant eligible for only one daily or overall prize. This rule does not apply to hourly prize eligibility.
12) Snowmobiles will be allowed but only in designated areas. This is considered a privilege and anyone abusing this privilege will be subject to disqualification from the derby.
13) Each entrant assumes all risks and liabilities. The Lions Club disclaims any responsibility for any personal injury or any other liability that occurs as a result of the derby.
14) Judges decision is final.
15) All contestants must abide by all Wyoming Game and Fish regulations concerning fishing, aquatic invasive species and boating. Any participant found to violate any Game and Fish regulation from 7 AM Saturday (Feb 13) until 4 PM Sunday (Feb 14) will be disqualified.
Copyright © 2021 Kemmerer Lions Club - All Rights Reserved.