Get your 2017 Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby Hoodie to commemorate your participation and help support regional Lions Club charities and community projects. This year's hoodies feature event artwork, Lions Club logos, all in Wyoming colors (Brown and Gold)!
See Kevin Currutt at the Farm Bureau office in Kemmerer, to pick up your hoodies in advance of the Derby, or pick them up at the event HQ February 18th and 19th.
Order yours today, as inventories are limited!!
As of Saturday February 11, 2017, there is approximately 24 inches of solid ice on Viva Naughton. Due to excessive snowfall this season and recent warm temperatures, there is slush across most of the lake.
Wheeled ATVs are not advisable, due to slush, snow-cover, and drifted snow. Tracked ATVs will work best for accessing the lake. Thank you for your interest in and support of our event!
Register by mail, online, at the Kemmerer Kum & Go or Hamsfork Station, or on-site during the event.
Postmark Mailed Registration by Feb 9, 2018. Register online or at local convenience stores by Feb 14, 2018 for early registration.
Register online (after Feb 14, 2018), at local convenience stores, or on-site during the event.
Available for local pickup, or for pick up on-site during the event. Preorder online or by phone.
Logo hoodie commemorating 2018 Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby. Some previous years' hoodies available, while inventories last.
Kevin & Heidi Currutt
Millennium Investment Group
J and J Welding
Tee It Up
Chad's Auto Repair
Elk Creek Car Wash and Laundry
Quinn Enterprises, LLC.
Announcing the 34th Annual Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby
Lake Viva Naughton - 16 miles North of Kemmerer, Wyoming
CASH Prizes Only!
$1000 Lions Club Overall Big Fish
$300 and $200 Daily Big Fish Prizes
$150 for the overall big fish caught by a Woman, (over 14 years old)
$150 for the overall big fish caught by a Child, (under 14 years old)
$100 Hourly Big Fish Prizes
$4100 Guaranteed Cash Prizes for 2018
Over $134,000 in Cash Awarded in Prior Derbies
SEVEN tagged Fish!
TWO $100.00 Fish!
TWO $2,000.00 Fish!
ONE $5,000.00 Fish!
ONE $10,000.00 Fish
ONE $15,000.00 Fish!!
(2018 Regulations Are Subject to Change)
1) Must have a valid 2018 Wyoming fishing license and conservation stamp(if required).
2) Each participant on the lake (including children) must be registered and have entry form in possession.
3) Fish (trout only) must be measured at the Lions-designated area within 1/2 hour of being caught.
4) Big fish will be determined by length - measured to the nearest 1/8 inch.
5) Fish under 19 inches in length will not be eligible for any prize, culling is prohibited.
6) Dates: February 17 & 18, 2018; time 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day.
7) Daily and big fish prizes will be awarded at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, February 18, 2018. Lions Club is not responsible for any prizes other that those listed.
8) Hourly prizes will be awarded immediately after winner is determined.
9) First hourly period will end at 8:30 a.m. and each subsequent hourly period will end on the 1/2 hour until 4:30 p.m. each day.
10) If no fish are measured during any hourly period, the second (third, etc.) largest fish from the preceding hour will be used to determine the current hourly winner.
11) The biggest fish caught overall will not be eligible forone of the daily big fish prizes.
12) Snowmobiles will be allowed but only in designated areas. This is considered a privilege and anyone abusing this privilege will be subject to disqualification from the derby.
13) Each entrant assumes all risks and liabilities. The Lions Club disclaims any responsibility for any personal injury or any other liability that occurs as a result of the derby.
14) Judges decision is final.
15) Violation of Wyoming Game and Fish regulations will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of prizes.
Only Fish Tagged for the 2018 Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby are eligible for tagged fish prizes. Only registered entrants for the 2018 Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby are eligible for tagged fish prizes. Tagged fish must be caught during the hours of the derby from 7am-4pm on February 17th and 18th 2018. Tagged fish must be brought to the derby headquarters immediately after the catch and will be held for verification by Wyoming Game and Fish officers and insurance company verification. Members of the Kemmerer Lions Club and their immediate family are not eligible for any tagged fish prize. Vouchers will be awarded for tagged fish which are verified at the derby, actual prize money will be awarded when it is received from the insurer, (approximately two weeks).
Click on a file to download.