Overall Big Fish: Angie Jackson (Kemmerer, WY) $1,000 with a 21 ¾” Fish
Women’s Overall Big Fish: Amanda Jackson (Rock Springs, WY): $150 with a 20 ¼” Fish
Youth Overall Big Fish: Michael Lewis (Tooele, UT): $150 with a 20 ½” Fish
SUNDAY DAILY BIG FISH PRIZES
First Daily Big Fish: Robert Coker (Pleasant View, UT): $300 with a 20 ½” Fish
Second Daily Big Fish: Michael Lewis (Tooele, UT): $200 with a 20 ½” Fish
SATURDAY DAILY BIG FISH PRIZES
First Daily Big Fish: Robert Fladland (Evanston, WY): $300 with a 20 ¼” Fish
Second Daily Big Fish: Robin Clark (Kemmerer, WY): $200 with a 20 ½” Fish
SUNDAY HOURLY BIG FISH PRIZES
8:00 Hour: Robert Coker (Pleasant View, UT): $100 with a 20 ½” Fish
9:00 Hour: Michael Lewis (Tooele, UT): $100 with a 20 ½” Fish
10:00 Hour (Tie): Ed Goble (Bountiful, UT): $50 with a 20” Fish
10:00 Hour (Tie): Cache Broberg (Garden City, UT): $50 with a 20” Fish
11:00 Hour: Ken Stokes (West Haven, UT): $100 with a 19 ½” Fish
12:00 Hour (Tie): Kelly Powers (Lyman, WY): $50 with a 19 ¼” Fish
12:00 Hour (Tie): Daxton Manca (Weber, UT): $50 with a 19 ¼” Fish
1:00 Hour (Tie): Kelly Powers (Lyman, WY): $50 with a 19 ¼” Fish
1:00 Hour (Tie): Daxton Manca (Weber, UT): $50 with a 19 ¼” Fish
2:00 Hour: Matt Hannan (Evanston, WY): $100 with a 19 ¾” Fish
3:00 Hour: Kelly Powers (Lyman, WY): $100 with a 19” Fish
4:00 Hour: Lonnie Delzer (Roy, UT): $100 with a 19 1/8” Fish
SATURDAY HOURLY BIG FISH PRIZES
8:00 Hour: Robert Fladland (Evanston, WY): $100 with a 21 ¼” Fish
9:00 Hour (Tie): Ron Clark (Green River, WY): $50 with a 19 ½” Fish
9:00 Hour (Tie): Travis Beckstead (Ogden, UT): $50 with a 19 ½” Fish
10:00 Hour (Tie): Ron Clark (Green River, WY): $50 with a 19 ½” Fish
10:00 Hour (Tie): Travis Beckstead (Ogden, UT): $50 with a 19 ½” Fish
11:00 Hour: Angie Jackson (Kemmerer, WY): $100 with a 21 ¾” Fish
12:00 Hour: Tyler Bernhisel (Twin Falls, ID): $100 with a 19 ¼” Fish
1:00 Hour: Corey Sawley (Midvale, UT): $100 with a 19 ¼” Fish
2:00 Hour: Zack Angelos (Bountiful, UT): $100 with a 19” Fish
3:00 Hour: Robin Clark (Kemmerer, WY): $100 with a 20 ½” Fish
4:00 Hour: Jayton Kaiser (Mountain View, WY): $100 with a 19 ½” Fish
As you gear up for the fun, please take a moment to visit Easton's page to learn how you can help a young man, who is coping with severe juvenile diabetes.
To help raise funds for Easton's Project, the Kemmerer Lions Club will draw one lucky winner to receive a brand new StrikeMaster Lazer Mag LM8 gas Ice Auger (a $500 Value). Tickets are just $10 each. All proceeds from this raffle will go to support Easton's Project.
...or visit Easton's Project to learn more.
Visit StrikeMaster for more great products!
Get your 2018 Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby Hoodie to commemorate your participation and help support regional Lions Club charities and community projects. This year's hoodies feature event artwork, Lions Club logos, all in Kemmerer Rangers colors (Red with black lettering)!
See Kevin Currutt at the Farm Bureau office in Kemmerer, to pick up your hoodies in advance of the Derby, or pick them up at the event HQ February 17th and 18th.
Order yours today, as inventories are limited!!
The Kemmerer Lions Club was up at Lake Viva Naughton today (2/10/18) tagging fish. The lake is looking great! There is about 2 feet of ice with 4-5" of hard-pack snow and virtually no slush. There were a couple of people out with four wheelers and a side-by-side or two. While tracked vehicles are always preferable, in case of drastic changes in conditions, wheeled ATVs will work fine as it is now. The weather report doesn't indicate any major changes in temperature or precipitation in the coming week.
Special thanks to Black Canyon Trout Farm from Grace, ID for donating the fish again this year. Also, thank you to Robb Keith with the Wyoming Game and Fish Fisheries for assisting with and witnessing the tagging.
Register by mail, online, at the Kemmerer Kum & Go or Hamsfork Station, or on-site during the event.
Postmark Mailed Registration by Feb 9, 2018. Register online or at local convenience stores by Feb 14, 2018 for early registration.
Register online (after Feb 14, 2018), at local convenience stores, or on-site during the event.
Available for local pickup, or for pick up on-site during the event. Preorder online or by phone.
Logo hoodie commemorating 2018 Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby. Some previous years' hoodies available, while inventories last.
Kevin & Heidi Currutt
Tee It Up
Chad's Auto Repair
Announcing the 34th Annual Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby
Lake Viva Naughton - 16 miles North of Kemmerer, Wyoming
CASH Prizes Only!
$1000 Lions Club Overall Big Fish
$300 and $200 Daily Big Fish Prizes
$150 for the overall big fish caught by a Woman, (over 14 years old)
$150 for the overall big fish caught by a Child, (under 14 years old)
$100 Hourly Big Fish Prizes
$4100 Guaranteed Cash Prizes for 2018
Over $134,000 in Cash Awarded in Prior Derbies
FIVE tagged Fish!
TWO $2,000.00 Fish!
ONE $5,000.00 Fish!
ONE $10,000.00 Fish
ONE $15,000.00 Fish!!
(2018 Regulations Are Subject to Change)
1) Must have a valid 2018 Wyoming fishing license and conservation stamp(if required).
2) Each participant on the lake (including children) must be registered and have entry form in possession.
3) Fish (trout only) must be measured at the Lions-designated area within 1/2 hour of being caught.
4) Big fish will be determined by length - measured to the nearest 1/8 inch.
5) Fish under 19 inches in length will not be eligible for any prize, culling is prohibited.
6) Dates: February 17 & 18, 2018; time 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day.
7) Daily and big fish prizes will be awarded at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, February 18, 2018. Lions Club is not responsible for any prizes other that those listed.
8) Hourly prizes will be awarded immediately after winner is determined.
9) First hourly period will end at 8:30 a.m. and each subsequent hourly period will end on the 1/2 hour until 4:30 p.m. each day.
10) If no fish are measured during any hourly period, the second (third, etc.) largest fish from the preceding hour will be used to determine the current hourly winner.
11) The biggest fish caught overall will not be eligible forone of the daily big fish prizes.
12) Snowmobiles will be allowed but only in designated areas. This is considered a privilege and anyone abusing this privilege will be subject to disqualification from the derby.
13) Each entrant assumes all risks and liabilities. The Lions Club disclaims any responsibility for any personal injury or any other liability that occurs as a result of the derby.
14) Judges decision is final.
15) All contestants must abide by all Wyoming Game and Fish regulations concerning fishing, aquatic invasive species and boating. Any participant found to violate any Game and Fish regulation from 7 AM Saturday (Feb 17) until 4 PM Sunday (Feb 18) will be disqualified.
Only Fish Tagged for the 2018 Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby are eligible for tagged fish prizes. Only registered entrants for the 2018 Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby are eligible for tagged fish prizes. Tagged fish must be caught during the hours of the derby from 7am-4pm on February 17th and 18th 2018. Tagged fish must be brought to the derby headquarters immediately after the catch and will be held for verification by Wyoming Game and Fish officers and insurance company verification. Members of the Kemmerer Lions Club and their immediate family are not eligible for any tagged fish prize. Vouchers will be awarded for tagged fish which are verified at the derby, actual prize money will be awarded when it is received from the insurer, (approximately two weeks).